5 Things I Learned at RWA 2017

 

   

#5 Pick Five Things You Learned and Apply Them to Your Writing

Everyone comes home with a long list of things they're going to do to make them a more efficient and prolific writer. Seriously, how many of those things did you accomplish or still practice after your last conference. By keeping it simple and making your five choices realistic you're more likely to meet those goals. 

#4 Create a FB Author Page / Update Pinterest boards

I've been meaning to do this for some time.  You need to have a profile page first - which I had. It wasn't difficult to do an author page. You create a banner, pick your audience and start posting. Followers will come.  

The most difficult thing about going on Pinterest is getting off. Update your Pinterest boards and make your books or writing info the first board.  Make sure you add a description to each board and pin. It will help send traffic your way. Always include your website or blog address.

#3 Check Out Neflix and Amazon Prime for Research.

My current WIP is targeted for Intrigue. I found a great show on Neflix for understanding what goes into being a bodyguard for celebrities and dignitaries. Prime has a list of documentaries on Military History direct from the men and woman who experience it.


#2 Make a Productivity Chart

I always liked lists. Some lists are floating around in my head while others, I actually write down. Keep your expectations realistic for your life style, writing ability and goals.  Know what you're capable of. I'm not a fast writer so I set my daily goal for 500 words. Aim higher if feel you need to, but don't discredit a lower limit. In a week you can have a chapter. Meeting those goals will help you understand when you expect to complete your 1st, 2nd and 3rd drafts.
I like to do my stuff (exercise, social media and blog) in the mornings.  I restart my day at 2pm when I sit down and write for 2 - 3 hours.

   
 




#1 BICHOK 

Nothing will get done if you don't put your butt in the chair and your hands on the keyboard.
It's approaching the 2:00 hour so I'm off to reach my goal for the day.

 

#1 1/2  Eat Chocolate Everyday

   



2 comments:

  1. I love the eat chocolate everyday! And the BICHOK should be a hashtag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Moon rocks molly

    ReplyDelete

JELLY BEANS AND SPRING THINGS

TODAY'S FEATURED AUTHOR—MICHELLE GODARD—RICHER She's here today to celebrate the release of two new books for TWRP Jelly Beans and S...